Thursday 29 March 2012

My Yoga Conference Journey

This week-end, I'll be attending the Yoga Conference in Toronto. This is where world renowned master teachers present enlightening yoga workshops, meditation, and insightful lecture. 
This time around, I'm drawn to 4 amazing workshops with the following Gurus:

The Pelvis - Unlock your Hips with Natasha Rizopoulos
This is where it all begins - at the root! The focus will be on the understanding and unlocking of the hips (1st/root chakra), which is the area that keeps us grounded and safe.








Obstacle as Path with Cyndi Lee
In this workshop, we'll deepen our understanding of the postures that touch our core.  In my case, the famous heart openers I've been avoiding, will be explored with compassion.












Everyday Miracles (with my absolute favorite teacher) Seane Corn
In this class, Seane will guide us through a clearer understanding of miracles that we experience in our lives. Seane Corn's classes go way beyond an asana practice. She shares her spiritual approach to life, which is elating. 






Colors in Me: Creative Tools for Sharing Yoga with Children with Tamika Schilbe & Carolyn Jyoti Burke
The children workshop is a first for me.  Having two kids of my own, I'm developping greater interest in sharing the beauty of yoga with them. 

I look forward to sharing my YC experience with all of  my supportive readers.

Namaste
Marisa